Thursday, August 4, 2011

Watch What You Ask For

Chase,

I have been praying these last few weeks that you would come a little early and that your arrival in this world would come after a much shorter labor and delivery process than I experienced with your brother. In fact, jokingly, I had told your dad and others that I desired to show up at the hospital just in time to deliver.

WATCH WHAT YOU ASK FOR!

I woke up at 2:30 yesterday morning with contractions that were maybe 10-15 min apart. Within an hour and a half my contractions were five minutes apart ... then three minutes apart ... uh oh! ... and we were out the door. (At this point I was glad I had asked your dad to read the road-side birthing instructions from our Kaiser handbook!)

I arrived at the hospital a bit after 5a.m. 8cm dilated, was rushed to the birthing room, embraced an hour of fast and furious contractions, a little pushing, and at 6:20am there you were! No drugs, no time, no more than a whimper when you came into the world.

Welcome, Chase Emmanuel. This is YOUR story.

Love you.

Mommy



Here's a little peek at your family ... you didn't want to see your own face, did ya? More photos of you and your big brother to come.

No comments: