Sunday, August 23, 2009

Someth'n Special

Daniel, the moment you saw her you smiled. And you didn’t stop until the trip was over.

You met your great grandmother, Marie Nappe, while you were visiting family on the East Coast last week. And you instantly enlisted her as your best friend. You saw her and immediately you loved her. You mimicked her playful smiles, you laughed at her crazy games and you cuddled into her more than you have ever wanted to cuddle before.

When Marie walked into the room your attention immediately went to her. Even when you were fussy you would offer her a smile if you two made eye contact. I don’t know exactly what elements produced the bond between you two. But I am so glad you found one.

I’ll tell you a little secret, Daniel: my Nanny and I have a special bond, too. And I am not at all surprised that you fell in love with a woman I love, honor and admire so much.

Check out this video of Daniel laughing with his great grandma!

1 comment:

mndrix said...

Ha ha. There's almost nothing happier than a baby laughing. Thanks Daniel.